Sunday, March 13, 2011

Priests do not Disseminate Buddhas Teaching

The message conveyed by Buddhist priests to the layman is "Feed us,build monasteries for us, offer us robes as we are the authorities to make your existence in this world happy and we are authorised to issue boarding passes to the realms with happiness ,after death".
I have been to Katina Pinkamas since I was a child. Now I am a old man. Only thing I have heard is that as a result of taking part in the event everybody around will born in heaven after death.I have heard the same thing over the last fifty odd years.
Buddhas teaching is not anywhere near this.In dhamma kathika sutta Buddha advised priests to preach only the way of getting out of samsara.On the contrary they are preaching the way of sticking on to samsara.
Under whatever circumstances we have a duty to look after the temples and priests.They are necessary to introduce the dimension of spiritual life to the children.The fault is we do not get anywhere beyond the introduction.
I am happy to have acquired some in depth knowledge of Buddhism which I did by associating practising Buddhists who are lay people.I continue to join them in dhamma discussions on Poya days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home